BruceArrington

Bruce's Reads

Destiny

Destiny - Duane Gundrum I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I gave this book two stars because of the potential I think it has to be a good story, though it would still need some work.

Here’s what it had:

*Dialog to move the story forward and add interest; however, there was an enormous load of backstory presented in the dialog so it quickly becomes mundane.
*Enough science fiction action to keep the story line in place.
*Description that was straightforward in a very narrow sense.
*A clean read, with few obscenities.

Here’s what it didn’t have:

*A well-edited story without needless repetition of words and phrases.
*Enough physical description of the characters and their surroundings, what they ate, what they look like, etc. (taste, touch, smell, feel).
*A distinct voice with each character to add flavor and variety to the story.
*Enough challenges for the protagonists to make it seem like they are doing more than merely walking down the street. They really don’t run into any real hardships, especially since someone or something always comes around at the right time to get them out.
*A bad guy (or more) who was just as powerful as our female lead. Enemy soldiers who could actually fight. She always won too easily, and no amount of threats from the bad guys make it any different.

As mentioned before, I feel this could be a more enjoyable story with more work.