BruceArrington

Bruce's Reads

The Beethoven Incident

The Beethoven Incident - Paul Howard I score The Beethoven Incident as 3.5 stars on Goodreads, and 4 stars on Amazon based on scale intent.

This story was a fun read, filled with excitement, imagination and good suspense. It’s about time travelers who are about to embark on an assignment to record the renowned composer, Beethoven. As they take off into the past, things go very wrong in the present. This leads to a series of catastrophes that the characters of the story have to solve in order to save themselves, Earth past and future, and probably a whole bunch of other things.

I appreciated the way the author put in enough detail about past generations that I could almost imagine myself seeing the sites and smelling the...well, unsavory smells. The characters seemed real and believable.

The book needs significant mechanical editing, however. A thorough proofreading/editing by a professional will undoubtedly help this story to reach a higher level. However, once I became familiar with the mechanics problems, I allowed myself to enjoy the creativity of the story, and experience what it might be like to travel through space and time.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest, nonreciprocal review.