BruceArrington

Bruce's Reads

The Curious Case Of The Shrinking Woman

The Curious Case Of The Shrinking Woman - Kitty O'Day I received a copy of this book in exchange for a non-reciprocal review.

Let me start of by saying that I am not the target audience for this book. Fatty types of foods do me in, not carbs. However, what interested me was how the author speaks from personal experience how, after trying numerous things that did nothing to help her lose weight, she finally landed on something that worked for her.

And that is significant.

The author speaks simply and plainly, about what she did, and relates it quickly (it is not a long book) in a sort of diary format. But she does more than this: she writes down a detailed list of foods, along with the recipes, that helped her lose the weight she wanted. By the simple cause and effect, she honestly admits what she did right, and sometimes not so right. But in the end, she reports that she lost a number of stones (I don’t exactly understand what those are in pounds, being from the States), and so far she has maintained.

The delivery was not high pressure, but relaxed and informative. It even had some funny parts.

The one drawback I found in the book was that formatting was out of place in several areas. Putting ebooks together that look right can be a challenge, and it shows here. A proper edit of this work would certainly help give it a professional look.

This book is aimed at helping others to succeed, and that is what I like about it. I hope that many people who struggle with weight loss will benefit from this book.