BruceArrington

Bruce's Reads

The Lost Tribe

The Lost Tribe - Peter Ivey I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

What a cool story! This first person account is full of adventure, humor and wit, swordplay and mystery. The main character explains the story as the events unfold, helping us as the readers, to learn with him, as he experiences the adventures. The author doesn't fill story with backstory, and I really appreciated that.

The character development worked well, as the new villains and collaborators were well described. Their voices were mostly distinct, and they added to the story.

I read this book quickly because I did not want to put it down for long. It kept me wanting more. It's obvious that this is book one in a series, and the series is off to a good start.

I would suggest a clean edit, as I noticed some typos along the way, though not enough to take away from the story. Another suggestion would be the world building. I understand that in making a story and all the elements that go into it, the focus can be on the characters (which was good) to the detriment of other things. In this case, all the worlds were almost exactly the same...same cars, buildings, houses, stores, etc. It felt like the main character never really left Earth. A little imagination put into making other worlds seem different would help elevate the story.

In all, however, a very satisfying read and well worth my time.