BruceArrington

Bruce's Reads

THE STOW AWAY CAT, Book 2 of the Adventures of Jimbo Series

THE STOW AWAY CAT, Book 2 of the Adventures of Jimbo Series - Enrico Antiporda The Stow Away Cat, by Enrico Antiporda, is the story of a favored feline Jimbo who accidentally gets caught up in an adventure that leads him to Europe. From there he has more adventures until the end of the story.
The artwork, though plain and simple, was colorful and helped retain interest. The language is clean and the story is well edited.
The narrative was told from an adult human’s perspective, instead of that which I would expect in a cat. I would have liked to see a fresh reaction to new things from Jimbo’s point of view, and would not have expected the feline to understand the entire human world. There was not enough mentioned about his world—the cat’s world. This is where the magic of an author introjecting an animal’s senses could have strengthened the story.
There were places where the story lagged (I went to place A, then I went to place B, then I took a nap, then I talked to animal A, B, etc.), while what I really wanted was more action/adventure—again from a cat’s perspective. However, this is a story for young readers and children will likely relate differently than I do.
The theme of “never giving up” was prevalent throughout, and should help encourage readers to be persistent.
I rate this as 3 stars on Goodreads and 4 on Amazon. I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.